Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Celebrate

I made this card for my mum for her birthday - actually she hasn't even been given it yet, so I suppose this is a little cheeky! The stamp is 'slanted tree' by Hero Arts which I purchased at a craft expo a couple of months ago.

Design notes: The tree is stamped in basic brown onto my card base and I have used my blender pen to colour in the flowers. I have restamped the flowers, coloured them in, cut them out (a little fiddly but worth it) and used a pop-up dot to raise them off the card. The blue background is torn tissue paper.

2 comments:

Tania Delgado said...

FYI - I made the mistake of showing my mum this website ... before she got her birthday present. She very quickly pointed out that she probably shouldn't be looking at this blog just yet!! We were both ROFL at my mistake.

Tania

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, I especially like the tissue paper effect around the frame. Home-made cards have so much more meaning than bought ones.